On July 21st, join the OCC and KPMG in Canada for a timely discussion about the competitiveness of Ontario’s cities in a post-pandemic era and the launch of our latest policy report, Better Budgets: Bolstering the Fiscal Resilience of Ontario’s Municipalities. Click here to register.
In its 2021 Budget, the Government of Ontario announced plans to develop a Long-Term Economic Growth Strategy, articulating a vision for Ontario’s economic development that builds on the province’s competitive strengths and addresses its long-standing challenges.
The competitiveness of Ontario’s cities will be integral to the success of such a strategy. Urban centres are engines of economic growth, driving entrepreneurship, innovation, and job creation. Recently, the COVID-19 crisis has placed tremendous fiscal strain on municipalities and their ability to invest in the infrastructure and services needed to remain competitive.
· Omar Raza – Senior Manager, Global Infrastructure, KPMG in Canada
· Carla Nell – President and CEO, Burlington Chamber of Commerce
· Casey Brendon – Director of Revenue Services, City of Toronto
· Stephen C. Beatty – Global Chairman of Infrastructure and Chairman of Global Cities Center of Excellence, KPMG in Canada
· Ashley Challinor – Former Vice President of Policy, Ontario Chamber of Commerce
Click here to register.