Given that small-to-medium size enterprises (SMEs) represent 92% of Canadian businesses, we recognize the significant business, economic and environmental impact potential of helping more SMEs become climate leaders, reduce transition risk and future-proof their businesses.
Join us for this webinar as we discuss:
- SME sector role in climate leadership action in Canada: Climate Smart businesses.
- What’s driving businesses towards carbon neutrality and measuring their carbon footprint?
- How do businesses measure and manage their carbon footprint?
- What should you measure and why? International standards, climate accounting protocol and process.
- What are examples of SMEs that are finding innovative and profitable ways to demonstrate climate leadership?
- What is “net zero”? What does it mean to achieve net-zero carbon emissions?
- Who’s pursuing it (business and governments) and why it is important.
- Carbon offsets – part of the net zero solution.
This webinar will be presented by Climate Smart Training Facilitator, Maureen Cureton.