Keep your employees and our community safe with FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits!
- FREE for all businesses with less than 150 employees! Businesses with more than 150 employees can order shipments directly to their location.
- Pick up kits (by appointment only) at the Simcoe & District Chamber of Commerce (SDCC) office
- Asymptomatic employees test themselves twice per week
- Get results in 15 minutes!
- Those who test positive or inconclusive must go for a lab-based PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test
Why do this?
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A Covid-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program at www.simcoechamber.on.ca/rapidtest, complete the Program Agreement form, and book a 15 minute appointment for their Screening Supervisor to come to the SDCC office to receive training and pick up a two week supply of kits
- These are not PCR tests – these are only meant to test on employees/staff who have no symptoms of any nature. If they have symptoms of COVID-19, they should be immediately referred to the Public Health Unit
- Employees administer the test themselves, with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- The Screening Supervisor reports the total number of tests completed, number of positive tests, number of negative tests, etc. on the SDCC website
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits on our website as needed
Sign up for the Program
Step #1: Complete the RASP Agreement and bring this to your appointment to pick up your screening kits
Step #2: Book your pickup appointment
Please select “Rapid Antigen Screening Program Info Session” from the drop down Services Menu.
Step #3: Complete the Prescreen Check
(Complete the Prescreen Check prior to arriving – we need to see your green checkmark at our door!)
Step #4: Pick up your kits at the Simcoe & District Chamber of Commerce office at your scheduled appointment time
10 Argyle Street, Simcoe ON N3Y 1V5
Step #5: Report your results
(no personal data is shared – we just need to report to the Province the total number of kits used, total positive tests, total negative tests)
Step #6: Reorder your kits
Please select “Re-Order Rapid Antigen Screening Kits” from the drop down Services Menu.
(please re-upload your original RASP Agreement or a new agreement if your contact person has changed)
Appointments are required and masks are mandatory inside the building.
If scheduling your first visit, please complete the RASP Agreement form and upload it when you book your appointment. For your first visit, you will be required to watch a short training video.
On future pickups, the video and a new RASP agreement will only be required if there has been a change of contact person at your organization.
To view the Rapid Antigen Screening Program’s Frequently Asked Questions, click here: