TITLE: Marketing Assistant, Simcoe and District Chamber of Commerce
EMPLOYER: Simcoe and District Chamber of Commerce
DURATION: 8 weeks x 35 hours/week (commencing July 5 or as soon as possible)
The incumbent will work in collaboration with the General Manager and the Chamber’s Marketing and Administrative Coordinator to enhance the Chamber’s websites with the following goals in mind:
- Expanding the Chamber’s presence in the community.
- Provide the Chamber membership with opportunities to promote their business, goods and services in the community.
- Assist in the recruitment of new businesses to the Chamber.
- Work to retain current membership and provide a value-added service.
- Enhance e-commerce opportunities for the Chamber and for our businesses.
- Promote the Chamber’s event portfolio.
- Assist in the creation of meaningful and unique virtual or in-person events.
Communication verbally or by email with businesses in the community to promote their participation in the Chamber and the BuyNorfolk websites.
May participate in executing events (virtually or in person, taking into account all safety precautions prescribed by the local health unit).
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
- Be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Communication Skills
- Digital Skills (must be tech savvy and has experience or interest in maintaining website)
- Social Media
- Discipline – able to work effectively on their own from time to time
Please contact Linda Branderhorst at 519-426-5867 or email at email@example.com